The Arc Lisbon
27th – 31st May 2018 | Applications open
The Arc Lisbon is a Leadership Bootcamp…
…that coaches ambitious individuals to a level where their impact is inspiring to themselves and to others. Full stop.
We challenge you to go beyond what you think is possible. We challenge you to exceed expectations. We challenge you to face up to your limits. And once you do we support you to empower yourself and those around you.
» Leadership Bootcamp vs. Leadership Retreat – What’s the difference?
» Calendar of Events
Curious? Then you are just right with us.
It’s the moment you get home and realize you have become a different person, and at the same time that exact person you have always been deep inside.
This is one of those well-kept secrets in the world that you think: “How did I not know about this?!” Everyone has to do this at some point in their lives!
The Arc is a transformative training that does not exist anywhere else. Something that you will carry with you for the rest of your days.
If you accept the idea that everything that happens at The Arc will happen for a reason and every person will be there for a reason, you CANNOT go to there and come back without having been touched deeply by what you experience.
I don’t know how, but just in four days The Arc has changed my life. The intensity, format and different approaches of the trainers pushed me to unknown levels where I re-gained my clarity on how I want to use my power to change the world for the better.
The Arc provided a safe, supportive and inspiring environment to dive into my strengths, shortcomings, dreams and visions.
The Arc is the inspiration that fills up the gap between what you are and what you dare to be, to become, yourself at your full potential. The Arc gets you emotionally naked in a way you have never experienced yourself before, and puts the focus on your strengths and your vulnerabilities. After the Arc, I felt the most comfortable I have ever been in my own skin.
As an entrepreneur you often subconsciously hide yourself behind big words and agendas. You forget that there is an actual heart hidden within the daily machinery of success and drive. The Arc reconnected me to my feelings and how important compassion and authenticity are when working. It has simply been the best week of my entire life.
Who is it for?
The Arc is a residential training event for young leaders from business and the civic sector who are…
- willing to question the impact they have generated so far in their life,
- sufficiently grown up to responsibly handle their emotions, but tempted to understand their limits better and committed to expand their comfort zone,
- giving and empathetic to their peers / their surrounding,
- certain that they could have a much better and greater impact, if only _ _ _ [and then you fill in the blank],
- at some level sincerely (!) wanting to inspire themselves and others.
Our alums include CEO/Founders of startups/social enterprises, young professionals working in strategy consulting/private equity/startups, boards of international NGOs, youth activists, artists… you name it.
What the heck we’ll do
Who do YOU dare to be and which IMPACT do you wanna stand for?
After The Arc you will have a clearer understanding on:
- WTF your passion (YES, PASSION!) is that everyone says you are supposed to follow!
- Which person you need to grow into if you want to have larger and deeper impact. Where you need to push the envelope.
- How on earth you can get that done and what to do if self-doubt, laziness or impact-fatigue knock on your the door.
Click “read more” to learn more about the programme.
30 min from Lisbon, amidst the Arrábida National Park
The villa São Francisco is beautifully located in one of the hills of Arrábida park 8km from Palmela/Setúbal. The name of this hill is Serra São Francisco (like the villa). There is no street name, but the coordinates are provided below.
Palmela, a charming small town centred around a fortified castle at an altitude of 1200 metres at the edge of the Arrábida mountain range. Palmela lies at the heart of one of Portugal’s richest wine growing regions, often growing the Periquita variety of grape. It is also an excellent base for exploring the natural assets of the Arrábida National Park where ancient forests contain much wildlife and the odd secluded monastery.
Please note that there is always a risk that the venue might need to be changed. Needless to say that – should this happen – you will be informed in due time. And that any alternative venue will be close to this one and of similar standards.
Rooms will be shared. If that is an issue to you pls contact us and we will let you know how much of an additional price there will be for a single room (NB: This also depends on the number of applications we receive).
Address coordinates: 38.545072, -8.970628 (Villa São Francisco, Serra São Francisco, Cabanas, Palmela / Setúbal) | GoogleMaps | How to get there
Curious? Thrilled? Excited?
Registration opens: 14:00 on the first day
Programme starts: 16:00 on the first day
Ending time: 10:00 on the last day
- Option A: €1199,00 (incl. VAT) if you are a self-paying individual or sponsored by a charitable organisation
- Option B: €1999,00 (+ VAT) if you are a sponsored by your employer
- Tickets to this event include: Participation at the event (duuh!), lodging & food, training materials (not: post-event coaching).
Disclaimer on future prices
- Please note that The Arc is starting up as a company, so the prices quotes for future events will need to change (i.e. go up) in the coming years.
- Time. Your brain and your heart
- 1 x really comfortable clothes which are suitable for indoor sport exercise and 1 x sport shoes
- A refillable water bottle (doesn’t do any harm)
- A (paper-)notebook and something to write with
Things to leave at home:
- Towels and sleeping bags (yes, ppl ask this again and again!)
- Work! We often call The Arc a retreat, but be aware that there are likely to be some days that might feel exhausting. The Arc is energising as a whole but – at the same time – requires our energy, attention and presence. Whilst we understand it is not always possible to 100% shut off our work, it is highly recommended.
Can I come late or leave early?
People repeatedly ask if they can arrive late or leave early. Given though that in the past almost 100% of the people to who we gave exceptions advised us to not do that in the future as it had deprived them of parts of the experience. Hence: Please do take the above starting and ending times as given.
What you are paying for is NOT the knowledge, but the fact that you have experienced coaches DOING the stuff with you. It’s basically the difference between “reading a blog post saying that you should go to the gym” and “going to the gym”. Or like “listening to a CD teaching you Japanese” and “practicing with a skilled real life Japanese teacher”.
At The Arc you do not just have one coach, but several! Each of whom with their specific field of expertise – tailored to your event.
Moreover: You will find that The Arc is extremely skilled at building a (what usually ends up as an unforgettable) peer group whose members challenge, support, inspire and coach each other. Often for years after the training. Thanks to their fellow Arc buddies, people have founded companies, written books, won major prices (in some cases: found love ;)). Do not underestimate what could happen to your life, if you start hanging out with people who do not slow you down, but inspire you!
Go and ask our alumni.
- In many countries you can lower the net price of The Arc by deducting it on your tax declaration.
- For German tax residents: Check our latest information here.
Taking an educational leave
- Those employed in Germany are often entitled to a paid educational leave. Please check our latest information here.
Join the community of a life time:
Questions? Ask your Project Manager here:
Your team of trainers
Sascha Klein, Trainer
Coach, Social Intrapreneur | Germany | Compassion & sustainable change
Coach, Irina Buruiana, Trainer
Psychologist, Trainer & Thrill Seeker | Spain & Romania | Sharp Mind, Creative, Trust Creator
Astrid Schrader, Coach, Trainer
Ex-Management Consultant, Entrepreneur | Germany, France, UK | Powerhouse & Idealist