Welcome to 20min coaching pills. In 20min you can redesign something profoundly big, excruciatingly scary or eye-wideningly wonderful. We don’t need more than that. Actually we advise you to STOP after 20min! Out of this exercise: Take what you get. So grab a timer and off we go!
Before you start your timer:
- On the scale of greatness, your work ranks average, slightly above or below average.
- You are secretly or openly a person that strives for impact. You like the idea of making a lot of money, but you wanna do something meaningful.
- You have 20min time at your hands (if not, pls come back later).
- Fill in the diagramm above. Try to have bullet points that are as specific as possible, e.g. for #1 putting “I love developing fitness programmes for people who are close to being obese” rather than just “I love working with people”.
RESULTS: The best results I am getting with certain clients of mine and who these clients are
LOVE: What brings me into flow / what I love doing
VALUE: A value of yours that this puts into practice
- If you struggle, just think of situations where you really were in the “flow”, where you completely forgot time.
- Come up with a “magic statement” starting: “I help [the type of client you are getting the best results for] to [your results], because I am an agent of [1-3 top values].”
e.g. at The Arc we’d say: We love “building an intense community through breath-taking events”. We help “purpose-driven entrepreneurs and top-talent intrapreneurs” to “build impact that inspires themselves and others”, because we are an agent of “love and contribution”.
In 90% of all cases you might experience:
- Sudden increase in IQ
- Difficulty in staying bored in your job
- Uncontrolled dreaming during work-hours
In 25% of all cases you might experience:
- Moderate to heavy confusion about your life purpose (check our Calendar of Events here, if that’s a problem for you)
- The need to take this same pill again – maybe in a few days
Start your timer N.O.W.
After the timer is finished: Your pill is now working.
Resist the urge to change your magic statement now. It WON’T be perfect! Sleep over it at least one night before you do this again.
In the long run, finding your magic statement takes sometimes hours of hard brain-exercise, then months of a) implementing and b) testing and the brain-exercise again. It’s an iterative journey.
The last 2 points we will treat with another Coaching Pill.