Nope. When a fitness trainer helps you train your body, a coach helps you train your mind. We set up a goal together and step by step we reach it – provided you do your homework. The Arc is not about shamanistic rituals, energetic healing or any of that stuff. We reject the idea of “Gurus” and we don’t sell “Get-rich-in-3-steps”-programmes. We do simple stuff that has proven to work effectively.
We meet up on Skype or – if you are close enough – face to face. We start off by setting an objective which you want to have reached by the end of the coaching. This can be whatever: Changing your career, getting clarity about a relationship, writing a book. In our sessions we brainstorm solutions and milestones to get you to your goal. Between sessions you set yourself homework. We cheer for you once it is done (and we will kick ass if not!). On the way we help you understand how your thinking in the past might have limited you in getting the results you want. And: How you could use it differently to reach results better and faster in the future. Once you’ve got your popcorn-ahaaaa-moment, we practice. Like that we reach your objective step by step together. You’ve got the steering wheel and we are your co-pilot.
Coaching is for you, IF…
– you have a big goal or a big challenge,
– you vaguely feel unhappy about an area in your life, or
– you want to speed up in another…
…AND although – at some level – you know that you could THEORETICALLY do it, you are
– too busy to get started,
– too confused about how to start or whether you are even heading in the right direction,
– too frightened of the journey to get there, or
– too scared of what might happen if it works!
Coaching is NOT for you, IF…
– you are just bored and are looking for spiritual entertainment, a whohoo-coach who solves problems FOR YOU,
– you are not ready for or open towards personal growth, challenging and potentially changing yourself,
– you sincerely feel that you cannot invest the necessary time and energy into the coaching process (e.g. because you are in a period of deep grief or extreme stress). Make sure this reason does not serve as the ultimate excuse to never crack on with your coaching goal, but make your own judgement. You can always come back later.
IMPORTANT: Coaching is not therapy. If you are looking for someone to cure you from depression, borderline syndrome, anxiety disorder, epileptic attacks, schizophrenia or any other mental disorder that requires clinical psychological treatment, we are not for you. In that case we have to ask to seek professional help.